Thursday, January 31, 2013

Nanny Piggins and the Wicked Plan


I picked up this book from the library. I am always on the lookout for interesting new series of books for my kids, and I noticed this one because it looked cool. Yes, I judged it by its cover. This book has a five-star rating wherever you look. So naturally I have to write my own alternative review.

I have concluded that this book is not that great. First of all, the whole premise of the "comedy" book teaches children that marriage is not unlike a disposable toy. The children's widowed father wants to find a wife so that she can do all the housework. The first woman he dates is looking for a husband so she will be rich. This is not a way to approach marriage and I didn't find it very humorous.

The worst part of it comes on page seven. "Mr Green, like any man, was attracted to tall, beautiful blonds." And shortly after that I stopped reading. Imagine a young girl reading this sentence. It makes me very sad.


Review by Jennifer.

1 comment:

  1. Ya, sounds dumb. I don't think I'll read it either.

    ReplyDelete