Fanny and Romeo
A heartwarming (and sometimes heart wrenching) portrait of a young woman's relationship with men...and one gregarious cat. The illustrations are colorful, clean and engaging and the storyline and characters are relatable, original, funny and completely Canadian. Loved it!
I disagree: I did not like this book. There are a lot of good things about this book such as: layout, color, consistency, good pacing, and a funny way to draw sneezing and drippy noses. However, I didn't like the story at all. Fanny drifts through her life and doesn't know what she wants but she obsesses about the things that she does have. Probably what bothers me most is that I might have some similar indecisive characteristics as Fanny. Probably if I saw myself in a story, I wouldn't like the choices my character made, either. "Come on!" you want to say to her. "Do something with your life!" Thanks for letting me borrow it though - I love almost every book that you find.
ReplyDeleteGood points! Now I would like to read it again with your perspective in mind.
ReplyDelete